International Education at Your Fingertips
At the World Affairs Council, we are passionate about international education. Thankfully, you don’t have to leave your home for a global education. Below is a curated list of free educational resources that we will continuously update.
Online Curriculum and Resources
This is a helpful resource on various, dense subjects that show an animated version of the topic.
Learn financial basics with interactive virtual lessons.
The publishers of Great Decisions offers a curation of the latest news, insightful articles, recommended readings and more.
This platform has videos, quizzes and lesson plans accompanied with discussion questions.
SAILOn is a collaborative effort of 10 public school districts in the Houston area providing interactive Internet resources for specific learning objectives.
- This Google Doc is a running list of games, activities and more for caregivers, teachers and students.
- Distance Learning from the Smithsonian
- United States Courts – Work with federal judges in their courtrooms or team up with students in classrooms to apply Supreme Court precedents to realistic, teen situations.
- U.S. Department of Energy toolbox – Peruse the archives of the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
- National Park Service, Teaching with Historic Places – Teaching with Historic Places (TwHP) uses historic places in National Parks and in the National Park Service’s National Register of Historic Places to enliven history, social studies, geography, civics, and other subjects. TwHP has created a variety of products and activities that help teachers bring historic places into the classroom.
Resources for CTE Students
Comprehensive online lesson library
Online lessons for middle school and high school students, including STEM, Digital Wellness, Character Ed, Financial Literacy, and more
College and career readiness
All PISD students have access to search careers, create a resume and more
Create a resume using the template found here
Video library, career explorer and online industry chats; free through April
Texas Reality Check is an exercise identifying jobs and future budgets for young adults
TEKS-aligned career education lessons for middle schools in the Houston-Galveston region
The Hidden Worlds of the National Parks is a new Google Arts & Culture exhibit and interactive documentary, timed to launch in celebration of this month’s NPS Centennial. The exhibit allows you to take 360-degree tours of some of the most remote and beautiful U.S. National Parks.