WorldQuest International Trivia Night 2021
6:00 pm – Registration
6:30-7:00 pm – Dinner
7:00 – 9:30pm – WorldQuest – Team Trivia
What is WorldQuest?
WorldQuest is an exciting game of international trivia, played in teams of 2 or more, with three rounds of questions. Answers are submitted by teams, not individuals. It’s a great way to test your knowledge of international issues. Anyone can participate in WorldQuest. Teams can be formed by businesses, schools, clubs, or groups of friends. If you want to play but don’t have a team, we will find one for you.
How is WorldQuest played?
The game is played in four rounds of 15 questions. Your team has 30 seconds to answer each question. Answer sheets are submitted at the end of each round. The trophy goes to the team with the highest number of points at the end of four rounds. In the event of a tie, a sudden death question will be played.
What kind of questions will be asked?
The questions will be timely and relevant, covering topics such as international politics, current events, economics, geography, and culture. Questions will cover all parts of the globe, so teams with a geographic balance of expertise will have an advantage.
Anything else I should know?
Creativity will be rewarded! Come up with a funny team name and/or come in costume with your teammates! Medals will be awarded to the Best Dressed Team and Best Team Name
World Quest Instructions
General Rules and Guidance
· Any team found with an atlas, dictionary, almanac, or any other unacceptable means of assistance will be immediately disqualified from the proceedings.
· If you wish to challenge an answer, please approach the Court of Last Resort at the end of the round being played.
· If you are not certain, guess; an empty number is the same as a wrong answer!
· Lastly, anyone not having a good time or taking the proceedings too seriously may be disqualified at the discretion of the judges.
Organization of Team
1. All points are awarded to the teams, not individual players.
2. The team with the most total points at the end of Round 4 wins the first-place medal.
3. In the event of a tie, the Sudden Death question may be played.
Playing and Scoring
There is a total of four (4) rounds with fifteen (15) questions each.
1. The questions will be projected onto the screen and read by the emcee.
2. Each team will be answer the questions as a group. The team captain is responsible for submitting the questions for each round.
3. The rounds are timed; you have 30 second to answer each question.
4. Timing begins immediately after the question is read.
5. Each question is worth one point.
6. For your answer (A, B, C, D) please print the correct letter.
7. You may change your answer as many times, up until the emcee says the round is over. After that, the answer cannot be changed.
8. Team captains need to submit the answers at the end of each round.
Tie-Breaker: Sudden Death Lightning Round
· Teams that are tied for first (1st) place at the end of the fourth round will play a tie breaker (Sudden Death Question).
Note: Teams that are tied for second (2nd) and third (3rd ) place will receive identical ribbons and acknowledgement—multiple teams may win second and third place.
· For Sudden Death: One question will be read and answered by the teams that are tied. Team captains will give their answer to the scorer who will hold up their chosen answer. The team that answers the fastest with the correct time will be chosen as the winner.