Today’s international recipe is from Akis Petretzikis. Akis’ Greek Tzaziki Sauce recipe is a wonderful creamy delight to make at home. Note that this dish is vegetarian friendly, gluten free, and low in sugar.
Greek Tzaziki Sauce
Servings 4-6 people
- 300 g strained yogurt
- 1 cucumber
- 1/3 clove(s) of garlic
- 3 tablespoon(s) vinegar, of white wine
- 1/4 bunch dill, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
A very appetizing, savory sauce that is almost always served with kebabs or souvlaki. It can also be served with baked potatoes, any meats and is surprisingly refreshing as a dip for vegetables!!
- Peel the cucumber and grate with a cheese grater, using the larger blades.
- Put in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar. Toss and set aside to release its liquid.
- In the meantime, combine the yogurt, 1/3 of a garlic clove (minced), 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix until combined.
- Mix until it is combined and creamy.
- Squeeze the cucumber with your hands to release any remaining liquid. Discard the liquid and add the cucumber to the yogurt mixture.
- Stir into mixture. Add pepper and adjust salt according to taste.
- Add some finely chopped dill and your sauce is ready.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Serve it with some carrots, peppers, cucumber and Greek Pita Bread!
Please see the below video from Akis Petretzikis.